“User” or “Users” refer to the end-user or users of the services that HowUdish and provides under our Terms of Service.
What information are you gathering about me?
We require that you register by providing your full name, email address, and password. If you consent, you also will provide your current weight, your target weight, and your location. You understand that you may not (i) select or use a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or (ii) use a name that we, in our sole discretion, deem offensive. For premium members, our third party payment provider will collect credit card information.
NOTICE TO PARENTS: Users must be over 18 to register as a Member. In order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), HowUdish does not knowingly collect any information from children under 13. However, if you believe your child has submitted information to us, and you wish to request that the details are removed from our database, please email us at support@HowUdish.com to request this.
What do you do with the information you collect about me?
- We use your email address to confirm your membership, user name and password, and to provide customer service.
- For premium Members, your credit card number will be used by our third-party payment affiliate to process your payment, but HowUdish does not store or otherwise archive your credit card or other personal information.
- We also may collect and aggregate information about diets, gender, location, restaurant dishes for future purposes of large-data licensing. No personal information will ever be collected or used.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via a third party payment system and is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to it. We do not have access to your private information (credit cards numbers, address, and phone).
What information might be disclosed to third parties?
- We will exercise maximum efforts to protect the anonymity and personal privacy of every user from third parties. There is one exception to this. We reserve the right to share information you provide (including any identifying information you provide) with legal authorities if it is, in our sole opinion, necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud, situation involving threats or potential harm to the physical safety of any person, or if required by law (such as if required by a subpoena, court order or other legal means).
- We do not sell, rent or otherwise share your personal information to or with any third party. We do aggregate information and disclose such information, in aggregate, to partners and use it for other marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose any information that could be used to personally identify you. Certain information, such as your password, is never disclosed at all, even in the aggregate.
- We do not allow third parties to send promotional email to our users without your express consent, in advance. We may send administrative emails to confirm user registrations or to update users concerning new services or opportunities with us. Some of these emails may contain information about the services of our partners. We may send out promotional emails on behalf of our partners to those users who have demonstrated an interest in receiving such solicitations.
A Note About Changes To This Policy
How do I contact HowUdish?
If you wish to review and/or request changes to your personally identifiable information, you can reach us either by e-mail at support@howUdish.com.
This Policy was last modified on October 9, 2017.